This is a really tasty chili that I love to make once fall hits. It's perfect for the crock pot and smells fantastic while it simmers all day. If you like a kick to your chili, you'll have to add some hot sauce to your bowl because this is a sweet, mild dinner.
- 1 lb ground bison, browned
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can pinto beans
- 2 cans red kidney beans
- 1 large can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 packet chili seasoning
- extra toppings
- Brown the bison and drain it.
- Add everything to the crock pot.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low 6-8 hours.
- Dish it up and top with shredded cheddar, sour cream, chips... whatever toppings you like!
What's your favorite way to make chili? I've found that Texans can be very specific about what actually constitutes chili!